Dental Health Expert Forum
Jaw pain after root canal
About This Forum:

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Jaw pain after root canal

About 10 days ago I had a root canal done on my left lower last molar.  My dentists have always commented that I have a very small mouth.  She used a prop device placed on the right side but for much of the procedure asked me to open wider since she had to get way into the back.  The root canal procedure went well but since then I have had alot of pain in my jaw joint (actually on the upper jaw) and difficulty opening my mouth very wide.  Then three days ago, I had to go back for a final check during which time she put a permanent filling into the crown....so again she needed my mouth to be very wide open.  The pain doesn't seem to be getting any better.  I find it very hard to yawn, cough (I have developed a very bad cold) or even eat very well.  I've tried warm compresses and Motrin.  I don't know what else to do.  Suggestions?  Concerns about this?  Thanks!