antibiotics for fistula
ljd
Hi, I had a failed root canal and an apico on #14 2 months ago.  I have a fistula at the top of my gum line.  My oral surgeon had me on clindamycin for 1 week.  Now he wants me to take clindamycin and flagyl. That would be 7 antibiotics a day.  Does that sound reasonable?  My question is will the antibiotics solve my problem or is it just a temporary fix?  Thanks for your help.
it is not a good sign that it has been 2 months and you still have a fistula (which I assume is draining because you have been given antibiotics) I'd get another opinion from a different oral surgeon about the prognosis on this tooth.
Unforunatly the problem will come back. Your dentist needs to re do your root canal treatment.

7 antibiotics per day is not good. Take them until your sinus (swelling)goes down and then stop. You'll do yourself harm ifyou take them for along period of time.

Antibiotics do one thing - they stop infection from spreading.

Your body takes over and gets rid of the infection for the time being. But as long as your infected tooth is left untreated or re root filled, the sinus will return.