Dental Health Expert Forum
new denture will not go in

Questions in the Dental Health forum are answered by Dr. Jerome Tsang. Topics covered include bridges, cavities, crowns, and x-rays.

new denture will not go in
1 week ago I had 20 some teeth pulled and got full dentures,the third night-my husband bumped me in the mouth with his elbow. It caused a large sore on the lower inside of my mouth and alot of swelling. Well I took out the denture and now a week later they still will not go in. I tried to ice the lower and that doesn't work---HELP PLEASE!!!!!
You need to see your dentist to insert the immediate denture. It is possible that there are undercuts in your bone structure which means that the denture will need to be adjusted to allow for proper insertion.
you need to see the dentist that made them. it sounds like you got the dentures very soon after the extractions. many adjustments are usually needed in a case like this. sometimes, after you've healed, new dentures need to be made.