Depression
I've been dealing with depression for almost 2 years now and I've been to the doctor many times and given many different anti-depressants but every time I take them for awhile, yes it does make me feel better and not sad all the time but it also takes away my other emotions and I feel like I can't be myself any more. I don't want to be depressed, but I want to be able to be mad sometimes and be extremy happy, I don't want to be the same emotion all the time. I don't know if any one else feels this way too, or if its just me?  

0
1. answers

1
2. discussion
Hi Williamo, I'm sorry that you are going through what you're going through.  I was kind of doing the same thing.

With me, the meds took the edge off of the depression.  (Which is exactly what it was meant to do.)  The depression was still there and some days were real bad, but most were better than bearable.

What finally turned me around was talking with a behavioral specialist/therapist.  I began to address the causes of the depression and almost instantly began to have a lot better days than bad days.  I do have my emotions back.

Also, you are allowed to be mad at some things.  Some things are going to even **** you off.  I had to learn to deal with that and not make a personal issue out of everything.

It's doable, so speak to your doc about a therapist.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
ladylattier is in planning mode... Comment
Apr 28
ChannahBracha uploaded new photos
Apr 20
AbSL joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 26