Depression Community
Depression

This patient support community is for discussions relating to depression, counseling, sleep problems, and nutrition.

Depression

I have been diagnosis with chronic severe depression. And realizing as of lately I have Autism - Asperger's Syndrome. Is there a treatment for this disorder? I take Prozac for the depression.
The Yoga Pranayam  will  help you relax and also help with the depression.Do it to supplement any medication(if any) and over longer term you may be able to reduce any medication. You will notice benefits in weeks.The kapalbhati will also help to control the weight. Keep a note of autism like symptoms, and monitor them every month, as the symptoms will reduce very gradually over time, with pranayam.Your feedback at some point will help others, so please keep a journal of your progress with pranayam.
Build up your timing gradually. If you feel tired or dizzy, stop and resume after 1 minute.

Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose. Duration upto 5 minutes.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and hold your head steady. Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.
Age over 15 years -do this for 20 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Age under 15 years -do this for 5 to 10  minutes twice a day.

Anulom Vilom –
Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Age over 15 years -Repeat this cycle for 20 to 30  minutes twice a day.
Age under 15 years -Repeat this cycle for 5 to 10  minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 21  times

Once you are better, continue the pranayam once a day.
January 19, 2011
Although I cannot answer that question, I just want you to please keep checking. There are a lot of people on here and you will get support and answers here. This is a great site.
Glad to be here
Firstly, you should go to your doctor/psychiatrist and make sure that you are on the autism spectrum and then find out where.  The autism spectrum includes Asperger's, but a diagnosis of autism and of Asperger's are two different diagnoses - Asperger's is like autism but much milder.  I'm fairly sure if you had autism you wouldn't know it, so you're probably looking at Asperger's.  But it's a very complex syndrome, so you'll have to get an official diagnosis in case you're mistaken.  In fact, you could be "on the spectrum" without being severe enough to actually have a diagnosis of anything.  
My aunt has severe autism and I have a few friends with Asperger's.  I gather that there's no drug therapy for autism spectrum disorders.  However, there are good "talking therapies", like cognitive-behavioural therapy and occupational therapy.  But you have to find someone who's an expert in autism spectrum disorders.  To get referred to someone like that you'd have to get an official diagnosis, so I suggest you start with your GP/psychiatrist and see where they take you.  
Good luck!  
I see an psychiatrist. I have been diagnosis with Chronic severe depression. and prescribe remron, but change to prozac because I became obese in a matter of weeks about 4 month after taking.
now I am back to normal weigh and my huge stomach has gone down.
I plan to ask my psychiatrist at my next visit. I was reading on autism because my hubby keep saying I am autistic because of the way I act. I didn't believe it to be so much truthful.
then asperger syndrome came up and caught my attention for a few hours and with the symptoms that I have been experiencing for years leading up to my depression, suicide attempt, then mental hospital for evaluation. sound more like asperger not autism as I know a young man personally that has a sever case of it.
I thinks I very well maybe in the Spectrum

Anulom Vilom –
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.

Duration : 5 to 21  times

January 19, 2011
Thanks, I will try the Yoga Pranayam. One of the therapy I got in the mental hospital was yoga and breathing. Learning to Relax with yoga and breathing was new and very challenging, but I got through it.
It sounds like you have self diagnosed.
Have you been tested by a professional?
You need to know the symptoms of Asperg.
are very similar to genius IQ. Many
Personality disorders are the same. Through
My own research, I  certain my child
Had Asperg. and shocked to learn it was
Genius IQ. Many symptoms were identical
And can be mistaken.
Bubulous, and KTowne commented on retta483's status
54 mins ago
The morning breeze has secrets to t...
1 hr ago by Bubulous
Bubulous Free!!!! Comment
1 hr ago