Depression Community
everything I say and do is wrong

A community of people suffering from Depression to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: symptoms, counseling, and other management.

everything I say and do is wrong

Lately it seems like everything I say and do to my husband is wrong and its making me feel very depressed. Hes constantly yelling at me. Hes never wrong.  Its always my fault. Even when I have proof to show that he's wrong he still says its my fault. He belittles me about everything. He says I play the victim,  I'm too sensitive, I act like a child, etc. I can admit when I need to change something about myself or I'm when I'm wrong. I honestly feel like my husband is the one that needs to get help. I do nothing but support him emotionally,  physically and mentally. I don't think its too much to ask for that back I'm return. I'm so depressed and my anxiety is through the roof. I need help from yall guys so I can deal with the situation better. What can I do? Please help.
There are alot of reasons why your husband has started, or continues to berate and yell at you.  The thing that concerns me is that your husband seems to think that you have become his whipping post, and any frustrations he is having, instead of dealing with them, he is just throwing blame all over and you are the target.

You don't say how old you are, how long you have been married, or how long this has been going on.  If this is a new thing, I would have him get a physical and find out how all his blood and testosterone levels are.

If this is an old longstanding issue, I would suggest a visit with your doctor and tell him that you might be depressed and he can suggest a therapist or therapy for  yourself and ideally both of you.

Good luck to you

M
Get rid of him? Tell him how he's affecting you & leave if he doesn't change.
you are not the sick one he is.  when someone has a problem, especially men they blame it on the one they love the most.  he is the one that needs.  don't let him put you down.  no man is worth that,  he has to have a guilty conscience or something.  dump him.  don't believe him.  he needs help.  mandy876
My best friend is going through the same thing
And honestly if you not happy dont stay
But your
Married and you love him so another option
Talk
It's hard to communicate with someone that
Never wants to see the other side of things
So make yourself in control in all aspects of the situation
Then tell him how he makes you feel
Be gentle
Say things like
You upset me when
I dislike when
You good at ___ but when it comes to ___ not so much
I love you please work on ___
I know I have flaws and I want us to work on improving them together
Maybe suggest counselling ?
Let him know a outsiders view is very useful
Ask him how he's feeling ?
Maybe he has something's that are upsetting
Him your not aware of ?
Me and my boyfriend have a thing at night time
We're we have to say what made us happy today and what made us upset and how we can change it and improve it to make it positive
We started that when all we were doing was arguing implemented a good bed time conversation and the chance to get feelings out and discuss them
And make sure we didn't go to bed angry
With all things being said
If you can resolve it and are still depressed remember you deserve the world
And you deserve happiness and enlightenment and success and someone who will encourage and allow you to enjoy those things in life maybe he isn't the one
Best of luck  
i really like what you wrotei might try that with my niece.  very wise.  mandy876
Your husband sounds abusive and I agree he needs some help with his anger (depression, anxiety, whatever he's dealing with).  The problem is, if he refuses to admit there is a problem, there's nothing you can do about it.  You need to work on YOU.  I personally would advise not engaging him.  If he starts picking on you, walk away.

If something doesn't change, I would really recommend doing some real soul searching.  You need to have more self value than to put up with being treated unkindly.  You don't deserve that.

Best of luck to you!
lboogie7729 is hanging in there Comment
KTowne commented on renae176's status
Mood Tracker: August 21, 2015
10 hrs ago by char1234vass
Mood Tracker
Track your mood over time