Serious Boil type spots

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Serious Boil type spots

I suffer quite frequently from what can only be descrbed as boils on mainly the tip of my nose, sometimes getting to the gridge and side but rarely, they "grow" to about 1.5cm Dia at peak, and then after that they loosen up..

the best way i can describe this is a Cycle
1: get a red mark on my nose with slight swelling, as painful as a very sore spot on your nose,
2: this fills up with what seems to me with puss
3 after a few days the pain stops but the "boil" type spot stays as quite a hard lump
4 it then starts to loosen after a apprx 1 1/2 weeks and then deflates slowly to a loose amount of skin with a liquid feel to it (like a water bed) the only way i can rid of this is by quite painfully using a pin to peirce the skin and then relive the boil of the liquid inside which is yellow, and of course some red which is blood, the sustance is quite gunky too.

During this whole "Cycle" there is no head the the spot and the skin is very very shiney

is there any treatment for this type of problem in an off the shelf form, or does it look like anti biotics from here on in?

(infact its time for me to go and pop this one i think)

This could be boils which is an inflammatory skin condition.Boil or furuncle is a skin disease caused by the infection of hair follicles, thus resulting in the localized accumulation of pus and dead tissue.
They are tender, warm, and/or painful.Sometimes boils will emit an unpleasant smell, particularly when drained or when discharge is present, due to the presence of bacteria in the discharge.

Boils are generally caused by an infection of the hair follicles by Staphylococcus aureus, a strain of bacterium that normally lives on the skin surface.
Most boils run their course within 4 to 10 days. For most people, self-care by applying a warm compress or soaking the boil in warm water.
Once the boil drains, the area should be washed with antibacterial soap and bandaged well. The maturing process may be accelerated by applying Ichthammol-based salve.
Magnesium sulphate (epsom salt) paste applied to the affected area can prevent the growth of bacteria and reduce boils by absorbing pus and drying up the lesion.
In severe cases  topical or oral antibiotics are recommended.
ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boil
Thanks ill be sure to check these forms of medication out