Dermatology Expert Forum
Blood bruises on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Blood bruises on penis

I noticed red bruises on my penis not at the tip but near the viens. looks like blood near the veins area of my penis. can you please tell me what this is all about, i dont know what to think. never had this before. did i bruise the penis near the veins that made it bleed. the spots are brown when not erected but when i stretch the skin out the spots become red like red blood bruises. what is this? its in the skin, i have no cuts or anything. is this any disease?

when i maturbate i tend to feel sore afterwards, in my genital area which includes my penis and testes. why is this? please help. thanks
If these spots are new, they're probably bruises from friction such as exercise or sex.  Next time you see a doctor, ask for an opinion--unless the spots are gone, which they will probably be.  Meantime, leave them alone.  They don't sound like an STD.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
doctor it looks like i have really small small red pimples on my penis, not at the tip, kinda has like a white in the middle, what can this be, is it molluscum on the penis or just pimples that will go away?

how long will it take for my brusies on my penis to go away..they look like dark blood spots somewhat on my penis near the veins area. theres no std that can cause this symptom right?
I can't tell you exactly, because I haven't seen the spots myself.  If you're anxious, please show them to a doctor.

Dr. Rockoff
are you talking about the bruises on the penis? if so do i need to show this to a dermatologist? thanks for your help.
Yes and yes.

Dr. Rockoff
I just came back for the dermatologist and he told me to stop taking asprin/exedrin maybe that can be the cause of my bruises on my penis or just that i bruised it during sex, oral etc. but he also took blood work to see if my blood is ok, blood count, etc. should i be worried, because im worried every single day until the results come back.
They will be normal--you'll see.

Dr. Rockoff
thanks doctor i really hope so as well. it could be the asprin it could be the pills im taking doryx(used for folliculitis)says one of the side affects can be bleeding or bruising or possibly from vigourous masturbation. if it was from the vigourousness is it possible for the bruising to show up 1/2 hr later that same day?
My penis has a medium sized pimple on the pubic hair end. 1 day after i noticed it, there grew a white head on it so i popped it. Then i noticed a same sized black blotch next to it. I have no idea if either of these things are related, but I cant masterbate beacause they hurt too much. I dont want to talk to a doctor or my parents beacause im too embarresed. Please tell me there is something i can do!
A related discussion, Penis ailments was started.
A related discussion, Itch and burn, and cuts was started.
A related discussion, blood clotts in my penis was started.
A related discussion, Penis bruise!!It hurts was started.
A related discussion, Severe bruising on penis and scrotum was started.