Boil in Pubic area
Hi, I have been getting a boil or a bump in my pubic area. It comes back around the same spot every 2-3 months or so. The top is pretty soft and around the bottom/base its hard, and about a dime in size. I'm 19 and have not been sexually active as yet. The boil takes about a week to burst and its all blood that comes out. And just lately this same boil has shown up a couple inches from where it used to show up, can you help me? PS I am a male.
If you have had ZERO sexual contact it's most likely an ingrown hair.  Put warm compresses on it to help it to rupture sooner.  Keep the area clean and as dry as possible. You can put antibiotic ointment on it and there is a product called Boil Eaze that you can use to lessen any discomfort.  I would get it checked by a doctor just to be sure though.
A boil, also referred to as a skin abscess, is a localized infection deep in the skin. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Apply warm compresses and keep the area clean. Also apply a topical antibiotics cream like Neosporin or Mupirocin. Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription. If you are sexually active then herpes should be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hi I a few weeks ago I was shaving my pubic area and when I was done, I noticed a small bump. The next day it got bigger and I tried to pop and then it got smaller. Then it got bigger then so on. It looks like a lump under the skin and it is hard. I think it is an ingrown hair and if it is, how do I get rid of it?