Deep hole in skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Deep hole in skin

I noticed a bump on my hip like where my pants sit, I though it was a ingrown hair so i picked at it and then it turned into a pimple, I popped it and now i have a hole. It looks like i can see all the way down to my muscle, but it doesnt hurt. it scabs over, but its not healing. Should I go see a doctor?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
There can be several causes of a bump on the hip like a small ulcer, follucilitis, sebaceous cyst or a small abscess. It should not be popped or scratched. This can lead to spread of infection and scarring. Non healing wounds can be due to poor circulation, repeated trauma, friction, immune suppression; diabetes mellitus etc.I cannot confirm anything without examination of this deep hole in your skin. The type of hole and associated features will help in arriving at a diagnosis. Get it seen by a surgeon. I sincerely hope it helps.
Take care and best regards!
Thank you
If this is in the butt creek top,the possibility is that it is a pilonidal sinus.
Best wishes.