Dermatillomania
I'm 14 years old and when I was 10/11 years old, I started picking my scalp. I don't know how it started, but one day I guess I just started picking my scalp. There's little bumps and I'll pick them until they become scabs. During a test or when I'm just sitting with nothing to day, I'll run my hand through my hair looking so dandruff or a bump to pick at. When I started middle school and started to get acne, I started to pop and pick at zits all the time. Even acne on my back and shoulders. There are so many dark spots on my upper back from where I picked obsessively at a zit. And my final problem is that I pick my nose. I have for as long as I can remember, since I was a little girl. I remember being 10 years old and thinking "I won't be doing this within a few years", but here I am, almost 15 years old, a freshman in high school, with these disgusting habits. I looked at some other people's stories on here and what I've found different is that when I picked a scab or pick me nose, I will eat whatever it is. It's disgusting and I can't stop it. Today was the first time I came to the realization that all of this is a serious problem, and I discovered it may be something called dermatillomania, and all of these issues are contained within that. I've never been diagnosed with depression or anxiety like some other people with this, but I was diagnosed with ADD I believe the same year it started. I've tried just today to stop all these habits and I'm already noticing how much I do it. I stopped biting my nails a few years back but just putting my hand back down, could it be as simple as that? Will this take more time and effort to overcome?
Apart from trichotillomania you have trichophagia too.These hairs can cause obstruction in intestine by forming balls of hair.(trichobezoar )
Do ask your parents to take you to a doc for behavioral modification.
You should be fine.
i have this too, i pick my scalp aaall day every day, all night when i cant sleep when im watching tv.. its neverending. unlike you, ive done since i can remember.. my parents noticed me doing it as early as 5-6! im so sorry you and other people have this problem also, because it is just so embarrasing sometimes and can really hurt your self esteem :( good luck in trying to stop, and hopefully it won't get to be too much of a problem Xx