Dermatology Expert Forum
Erythema Annulare Centrifugum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Erythema Annulare Centrifugum

Posted earlier about a small lesion on my inner thigh. started out( on Saturday) as a red, raised pea sized, round, non painful, non itching spot with a tiny white spot in the center. By the middle of the week, the center got bigger, flatter, and appeared to  be scaly looking, while the outside stayed red and raised , almost like a donut ( red on the outside, white scaly inside).
It's almost gone after using a steroid creme and it's no where else on my body.
I'm a healthy female 42 yo, had complete physcial in April, normal weight, etc...no other issues.
Saw the Derm MD and he said it could be EAC, ringworm( not likely) , or an excema like lesion.
He said as long as I didn't see anymore anywhere else that if it were EAC, if would be ok...but if anymore came up that it would be a problem. He was short staffed and could not talk to me, but said to look it up.

Well I did and I read something about T-cell Leukemia??

Can you please explain this to me...

DOes this ,mean that I have this disease ( T-Cell ), does it mean I wil get it?

If I have one lesion, will others start appearing?

Why would he say this to me and leave me like that??

I am completely freaked out.

EAC (erythema annulare centrifugum) looks like large, circular or semicircular patches.  That's not at all what you describe having.  You'll have to ask him why he said it.  Neither what you describe not what he said has anything meaningful to do with T-cell Leukemia.  You are doing yourself no favor by looking things like that up, when they don't apply to you.  Please ask these questions to the dermatologist who saw you.  Remember that he also mentioned ringworm and eczema, which have nothing to do with leukemia.

Good luck.

Dr. Rockoff  
I HAVE EAC...MY MD HAS BEEN TAKING BLOOD WORK SO FAR NOTHING HAS COME BACK. YESTERDAY HE GAVE ME PENICILLIN IN CASE I HAVE STRAP WATCH FOR MORE TEST TO COME BACK. WELL I TOOK 2 YEST. AND WHEN I WOKE UP THIS MORNING THE EAC WAS THE WORSE ITS BEEN IN 2 WEEKS. I REMEMBERED THE WEEK THEY CAME OUT I WAS EATING A LOT OF BLUE CHEESE  AS WELL. THOUGHT I WOULD MENTION THAT. ANYWAY THESE THINGS ARE EVERYWHERE ON ME LEGS,STOMACH , BREAST, ARMS, NECK AND A FEW HEAR AND THERE ON MY FACE AND HANDS. IM FREAKING OUT. IVE ALWAYS BEEN HEALTHY..WHAT CAN IT BE FROM. OH THE DR ALSO GAVE ME PRONAZONE "I KNOW ITS NOT HOW YOU SPELL IT"AND THAT DIDN'T CLEAR T UP. PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU TRACY  
A related discussion, erythema annulare ceatrifugum was started.