Dermatology Expert Forum
Fordyce's Condition

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Fordyce's Condition

Hi there,
I am an 18 year old male, who around 5 years ago noticed that I had these small (less than 1mm each) yellow,wart-like eruptions sort of "clustered" underneath my forskin. They are especially obvious when the forskin is retracted, and are present in forms of around 5 "lines" of growth around 2.5cm in total length.
When I was 15, this condition was positively identified (by a genito-uroligist) as being the harmless "Fordyce's Condition" which was a specialised form of sebacious hyperplasia. The only thing that I am worried about is that they are a bit unsightly. One problem is that they haven't ever changed (i.e. got worse or better) since i first noticed them. It would cause a lot of embarresment to have to explain to a girlfriend what they were - so my main question is when will they go away?