Infected hair follicle?
A couple of months ago I shaved my pubic hair. I've had since then what i'm guessing is an infected hair follicle from an ingrown hair? It has persisted tho for two mos. I'll forget I have it until it will well up with puss and become painful. I squeeze everything out and it stops hurting and I forget about it again. Although in the last couple of weeks this has become more of an issue and i've noticed the area around it is beginning to feel hard. Is it possible for a hair follicle to become this infected? And is there anything I can do to self treat this?
bump
you should never pop anything that looks like it could be infected. if you cant take the pain and pop it. clean it with hydroperoxide and then put some neosporine on it. if it keeps coming back you should go see the doctor. if you keep popping it and it isnt an infected hair follicle it could spread and become somethin worse.