Dermatology Expert Forum
Irritation on tip of penis
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Irritation on tip of penis

A day ago I masturbated twice in a few hours with my girlfriend.  Which is not abnormal for me .  Anyway, last night and today especially I noticed that the tip of my penis is very tender and irritable.  No pain or discomfort at all when urinating.  I especially feel it when walking and underwear rubs against it or when I touch the area.  Is this just an irritation derived from masturbating or something else?  Should I just wait it out for a few days? Thanks very much.
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
This sounds like irritation, nothing more.  I suggest that you minimize friction, apply a mild moisture lotion after cleansing gently, and then forget about it.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
6 Comments
Blank
Also, now i have a small red mark or dot on tip of penis...
Blank
Was wondering how long I should expect this to last.  I still have irritation although maybe not quite as bad but still there.  Also, how come I would all of the sudden get this irritation if Ive been masturbating regularly for years?  One other thing to help ease my mind.  The last time I had actual intercourse was 5 months ago.  Theres no chance for any stds from that long ago right?  I know I should probobly just forget about this and it may be because Im thinking about it so much that Im still feeling this way.  Thanks for your time.
Blank
By the way the sex encounter 5 months ago was protected.
Blank
A related discussion, tip of my penis seems to open up! was started.
Blank
A related discussion, brown mark after a cut was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker