Dermatology Expert Forum
Irritation on tip of penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Irritation on tip of penis
A day ago I masturbated twice in a few hours with my girlfriend.  Which is not abnormal for me .  Anyway, last night and today especially I noticed that the tip of my penis is very tender and irritable.  No pain or discomfort at all when urinating.  I especially feel it when walking and underwear rubs against it or when I touch the area.  Is this just an irritation derived from masturbating or something else?  Should I just wait it out for a few days? Thanks very much.
This sounds like irritation, nothing more.  I suggest that you minimize friction, apply a mild moisture lotion after cleansing gently, and then forget about it.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Also, now i have a small red mark or dot on tip of penis...
By the way the sex encounter 5 months ago was protected.
Was wondering how long I should expect this to last.  I still have irritation although maybe not quite as bad but still there.  Also, how come I would all of the sudden get this irritation if Ive been masturbating regularly for years?  One other thing to help ease my mind.  The last time I had actual intercourse was 5 months ago.  Theres no chance for any stds from that long ago right?  I know I should probobly just forget about this and it may be because Im thinking about it so much that Im still feeling this way.  Thanks for your time.
A related discussion, tip of my penis seems to open up! was started.
A related discussion, brown mark after a cut was started.