Itching mole

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Itching mole

My 15 year old son has a mole on the back of his (neck close to where a tag would rub and irritate) that was itching real bad this summer.  Now the itching is gone but he says when I touch that mole it feels different than touching others.  No obvious discoloration, pain, or deformalities and is not bothering him anymore.  Should I take him to the dermatologist?

This discussion is related to Mole that started itching.
The rule of thumb says that you should always have a mole checked if you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

• about a mole (1 replies):
    I have a mole on my back that I have had for as long as ...[more]
  • swollen sore mole (1 replies):
    Hi I have had a mole on my back since birth. Is a large ...[more]
  • moles (1 replies):
    i have a mole and am concerend about it
  • Mole removal (1 replies):
    I recently scratched my mole and it has lightened a lot....[more]
  • mole (3 replies):
    i have a mole that was dark brown and is now lighter wit...[more]

Thank you.  We had it checked out and everything is fine.