Dermatology Expert Forum
Lip Bumps
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Lip Bumps

About 2 weeks ago I noticed some tiny bumps on my upper lip. they were kind of clustered and I really had to stretch my lip to see them, but I could feel them.I did some reasearch and thought I had Fordyce spots although they were still much more subtle than any pictures I saw of Fordyce spots.  Since then, the clusters have dissapeared and now I have them almost all over my upper lip and a little on my lower lip. They are really really subtle, but I can feel them and feel very self concious of wearing listick since this accentuates them more. I am begining to think that they are not fordyce spots because they rally blend with my lip now, almost like a rash. Is this fungus or a rash instead?

Thanks
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
No, I think they are Fordyce spots (small oil glands that sometimes become more prominent and visible.)  Best to not feel self-conscious.  After all, if they're that subtle, nobody else is likely to notice them.  Just hide them and ignore them.  As you've already seen, they can wax and wane on their own.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
2 Comments
Blank
I have the exact same thing on my lips!  I thought mine was a condition called Cheilitis or inflamation (inflammation) of the lips.  I have eczema or atopic dermatitis and I get this sometimes on my lips (upper main) and it makes my lipstick look "gritty".  I'm thinking of having permanent cosmetics (lipcolor) but I'm scared to because of this.
Blank
A related discussion, acne was started.
Blank
A related discussion, fine bumps on my lip was started.
Blank
A related discussion, lip bumps was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker