Red patch on foreskin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red patch on foreskin

8025771?1339049280
I have a red patch on my foreskin which has been around for a few months. It is just about noticeable, and it stings in that area occasionally. Could you tell me what it is? I've attached a picture.

This discussion is related to blood blisters on vigina (vagina).

looks like a yeast infection.Try to keep your foreskin retracted as much as posible and air dry your penis after shower, spread some plain yoghourt on it. Also dilute two teaspoons of white vinegar in a glass of water and soak your penis with that 2 times a day. Good luck !!
This patch can be due to contact dermatitis, sweat dermatitis or fungal infection. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid. But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Best solution I found is to wash and dry then apply natural talcum powder, especially before sleep. You will be happy you tried this,