Unknown Skin Condition
Hello I have the strange problem of being unable to identify what it is that is going on with my skin. I hope to get some help.

I have small bumps on my back and arms. It is not Keratosis Pilaris, or anything like it. It is not acne, as touching the bumps do not hurt like acne and they don't "break out", the bumps are just there. There is no pain, itching, or swelling associated with the bumps. There is only a mild red discoloration and occasionally some bumps will have a whitish "cap". The only reason I care is that they are a bit annoying and I have been told that they are a sign of vitamin deficiency.

Without external examination it is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis,you’re your symptoms are suggestive of folliculitis. Folliculitis is the inflammation of one or more hair follicles. Symptoms include a rash or small pimple located around a hair follicle.Theu might itch also.

You should keep the area clean, wear lose comfortable clothes to avoid sweating, use a powder to keep the area dry  and use calamine lotion and antiseptics at the site.Application of topical antibiotics like mupirocin or neomycin is also useful.Oral antihistamine medications would help if the lesions are itchy.Also check out dandruff in your scalp as dandruff falling on skin may block the oil glands and cause folliculitis and acne.

If the symptoms persist then pls consult a dermatologist.

Hope it helps .Take care and pls do keep us posted in case you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

I find this very strange and helpful as this topic is the exact answer I was looking for. I also have strange lumps on the skin but mine are located on the forearms and top of my arms. They do not hurt, occasionally have a whiteish head and sometimes reddish surround. They have been there for about 10 years now and I would love to know what this is. Any answers that you have learned would be really helpful!

Many thanks!