White Bumps on Lips

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

White Bumps on Lips

Dr. Rockoff,

Sometime in June I had oral sex with this guy. About a month later I started getting theses white bumps on the bottom of my lip. The bumps are very obvious. I don't know if it's an STD, but I have doubts about that because the bumps don't hurt nor are they inflammed or anything like that. When I do try to pierce te bumps, there is no pus or liquid, and they just come bacl. I just want these things to go away, but first I need to know what they are. Can you help me please??
It can be Fordyce spots or clogged pores that you are having. They are small yellowish-white granules on the inner surface and border of the lips.

Treatment of Fordyce spots includes CO2 laser or electro desiccation, TCA chemical peels (temporary treatment),diathermy or laser vaporization. I sincerely suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Ok, thanks Doctor.
But one more question,
Is it Fordyce's spots if the bumps are on the middle of your bottom lip? I have a few small ones and five big ones that ae really obvious, and they're in the middle of the bottom lip
The other possibilities that need to be ruled out are common warts and lichen planus. Lichen planus is an inflammatory disease that affects the skin and the oral mucosa, and presents itself in the form of papules (flat spots) or rashes. Treatment is available only on prescription and consists mainly of steroids, retinoids, hydroquinone and phototherapy.

Please get it evaluated from a dermatologist. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.