folliculitis on penis?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

folliculitis on penis?

For the past five months, i have had small bumps on the shaft of my penis which i believe is sebaceous prominice.  In addition, in and around the bumps i have had little red bumps that look like acne or folliculitis.  They are scaring me and i truly don't know how to get them to go away.  I have gotten it down to one acne/folliculitis pimple and it won't go away for good.  It will leave for a day to a month and then come back.  I need help.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This could indeed be folliculitis or inflammation of the hair follicles. The bumps along the shaft may be sebacious prominence or fordyce spots. However, due to the sensitivity of the location of these pimple-like lesions, the usual antibacterial creams or ointments need not apply. You can use antibacterial soap instead. Keep the area clean and dry. Wear nonconstrictive clothing to prevent  unnecessary hair removal. If it persists, it would be best to have this evaluated by your doctor. A referral to a dermatologist may also be warranted.

Take care and keep us posted.
i had a small whittish or pinkish bump on the shaft of my penis how am i supposed to know if it is a normal bump or not