Dermatology Expert Forum
itchy red bumps?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

itchy red bumps?

for the past 7 days itchy bumps have been spreading all over my skin, it started in the public region, and has since spead all over my arms, back, chest stomach and legs.  Ive been applying hydrocortizone creme, and have consulted medical books, but i can only find pictures but it doesnt look like a parasite or fungal infection, there arent any other symptoms but just the spreading rash that is extremely uncomfortable.  The hydrocortizone creme helps the itching but its not stoping the spreading of the itchy bumps.  Do you know whats wrong with me?
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
I can't tell for sure, but when people get itchy bumps all over the place, it's usually either an allergy or a virus.  Perhpas you're taking a new medication, or have viral symptoms like cough or runny nose.  But even if not, it could be a bug in your system that's giving you the rash.  I suggest treating the itch with Sarna lotion (an over-the-counter lotion for itch) and oral Benadryl 25 mg at bedtime.  If the rash doesn't go away in 3-5 days, you should see a doctor.  But most such rashes will go away on their own.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
4 Comments
Blank
I have been experiencing, at least it sounds like, the same thing.  Except my itchy red bumps only come when im over heated (mainly working out or working) it is rather embarassing.  SOme of the bumps are white with red around them.  But thats usually when there's only a few.  they spread all over my body including; forehead(not as bad),back, chest, arms, and a little on my legs.  There are so many of these red bumps on my back that it is entirely covered.  The rash usually subsides within an hour.  Is this just a bad heat rash.  Ive been experiencing this for about 3 weeks, and  I really cant afford a doctor right now.  I support myself and go to school full time.  Could an STD with these symptoms lay dormid for awhile because iv had no unprotected sex lately.  Please give me some good advice thank you so so much for your time.
Blank
I know tanning beds are bad for you
but...I do them anyway :)
This year for some reason
my skin is getting big water type itchy bumps
only from the tanning bed
it has never bothered me before
now I am taking Midrin 100 mg for headaches
could this be one of the side affects?
of the medicine?
HELP
thanks
karen
Blank
I have had the same red itiching bumps on my body and they are driving me nuts. They appear on my wasit line, on my face, neck and some on my arms. They appear in clumps usually like 4 or 5 bumps to a clump.  I thought It might be my laundry detergent but not sure. I havent changed any other habit. I did take a walk in the woods however Im not sure why they would be on my waist line, since thats where most of them are. Any ideas? Help Im itching to death !

***@****
Blank
A related discussion, Now what was started.
Blank
A related discussion, small itchy bumps was started.
Blank
A related discussion, itchy red bumps was started.
Blank
1236400_tn?1267923669
A related discussion, sevier ance or red bumps was started.
Blank
i think me and my two sisters also have this kind of itchy red bumps, but my big sister has a very big one on her right side of the arm and we need some kind of treatment before it really gets out hand. so docs. who knows this kind of stuff  should have treatments for people out there who really needs this stuff.
Blank
i think me and my two sisters also have this kind of itchy red bumps, but my big sister has a very big one on her right side of the arm and we need some kind of treatment before it really gets out hand. so docs. who knows this kind of stuff  should have treatments for people out there who really needs this stuff.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank