large red bump in pubic area

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

large red bump in pubic area

ok so I have this big red bump (well bigger than a pimple, about the size of a dime) at the tip of my pubic region that developed overnight.
when i woke up I noticed the pain immediately and was surprised to find this. I left it alone for a few days did some research (thinking I might have an chancre or some type of std) then figured it might be an ingrown hair or infected hair follicle. So after applying a warm cloth on the area I pulled out the hair emerging from the center with tweezers (the area covers more than 1 hair but I left the surrounding area alone). After this the bump stopped hurting but it was still there for a couple days until it developed a white head at the tip, then i popped it in the shower. Now it's healing I guess the bump has gotten smaller and the skin around it is peeling or regenerating.

I'm worried because this happened about 2 weeks after I had a sexual encounter (used a condom, but oral sex on me and my partner was unprotected)
Also on week 1 after this encounter I got a smaller red bump on top of my lip which eventually also developed a white head and popped. I know it was probably just a pimple but I have never had bumps or anything on these parts of my body before. Which makes me wonder is it really just a coincidence or something more I should be worried about?
From the symptoms it looks like an ingrown hair or a boil. Chances of herpes are less. A boil, also referred to as a skin abscess, is a localized infection deep in the skin. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus. Finally, the pus "forms a head," which can be surgically opened or spontaneously drain out through the surface of the skin.

Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean. It is good that the boil has drained. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

That sounds exactly like what I had. I was a bit paranoid at first because researching the symptoms came up with scary stuff but thanks for easing my mind a bit. Everything else could have been coincidental. I wouldof made arrangements to see my doctor but the symptoms would of been gone by the time of my appointment. Which they are already, thanks again