little bumps that itch

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

little bumps that itch

i am 20 and have had these little white bumps on the base of my penis and over my scrotum since i can remember there are a couple that are bigger than the rest but most are very tiny they icth are  verry annoying im verry imbarrsed about them..    what could this be they started to appear and itch about the time i hit purberty..... please help .....thank you
Avatar n tn
I am 14 and I have the exact same thing.

Had them for about a year or 2.

Avatar n tn
Oh and they itch real bad and I'm not sexually active so its deffinatly STIs

I cannot confirm anything without examination,but it sounds like Fordyce spots. They are small, painless, raised, pale or white spots or bumps 1 to 3 mm in diameter that may appear on the shaft of the penis. The spots are a form of ectopic sebaceous gland, and are not known to be associated with any disease or illness and are of cosmetic concern only.

Treatment of Fordyce spots includes CO2 laser or electro desiccation, TCA chemical peels(temporary treatment),diathermy or laser vaporization.Pls consult a dermatologist and discuss these two options with him.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.

Avatar n tn
Thanks very much ^_^

I'll get back to you on how it goes.
Avatar n tn
Oh, Deep, Medium or light peels?
Avatar n tn
Sorry just realised it was medium peels. ^_^
Avatar n tn
Sorry to spam posts, but i ddont know how to edit my other ones.

Ignore my last post.   Deap or Medium peels?