possible sebaceous cyst on inner thigh
From my recent research I think i may have a sebaceous cyst on my left inner thigh, next to my bikini line. I was just wondering how long I should try the warm compresses before I see a physician. It is slightly tender to the touch so I am a little worried it may be inflamed. Any comments would be appreciated.

From your description,it can be a boil or a sebaceous cyst.Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus.

Sebaceous cyst is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin that has a lining that resembles the uppermost part (infundibulum) of a hair follicle and fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.It is usually painless but can become painful if infected.

Apply warm compresses on the lump and keep the area clean.Drainage is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head.Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.Sebaceous cyst also need antibiotics when infected.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Thank you so much for your info. I applied the compresses for a few days and it is slowly improving. Once again, I greatly appreciate your help.
For about a month I had had a lump on my inner thigh, close to where my underwear is. It started out the size of a small grape& so I squeezed it and I felt it pop multiple times inside. The next day it it grew to the size of a tangerine. Stupidly I squeezed it again and AGAIN it felt it pop a bunch of times inside. There is no head, but now its so long and big it's my entire inner thigh and last night I just barely touched the area and I felt like an explosion of who knows what under my skin. I have read every post online from sebaceous cyst, to hyderentitus supperentus (misspelled) to boils to mrsa. Nothing fits my symptoms- except a deep cyst like mass. Please help!!!