zits near groin.. what is this?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

zits near groin.. what is this?

about 2 months ago, my pubic area (not the penis or scrotum) became extremly itchy with little outbreak of zits or pimple like things in various places. there was a cluster of about 5 near my right lymph,which swelled a little, and one or two to the left side a little ways below the lymph. The Itching and bumbs lasted about 4 weeks,some going away and then reappearing in the same places. i didn't try to pop any of them, but i pulled a hair near one thingy thinking maybe the hair was infected and some puss came out. It didn't blister and wasn't painful, just itchy. now the itching is gone as well as the zits, but my right lymph is still a little larger than my left, and i still have a little bump in the place i pulled the hair out and it's a kind of redish in the area but it doesn't hurt or itch.. is this an std?
Sounds like folliculitis.  Depending on the cause, you can use either an over the counter topical like lotrimin or bacitrin.  Hibiclens works well as a skin cleanser too.  If it persists, go to your GP and get an oral antibiotic like Cephalexin.
Actually I think you just might have Hidradenitis suppurativa.
You can read about it here:
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hidradenitis-suppurativa/DS00818
i noticed on the buttom of my penis shaft, small tiny very-close by whiteheaded pimples, i went to the doctor and said it was nothing to worry about, so i went to another doctor and same was told. i am still worried though and don't want them to stay forever because thats what i was told/ anyhelp from anyone. could the two doctors b mistaken and it would be like herpes or genital warts??? theyr tiny white pimples look like they filled with white stuff but theyr very close to each other. any advice anyone