Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Losing weight to fight diabetes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

Losing weight to fight diabetes

if you want lossing weight so please you can make the Plan your meals. First things , use a calorie calculator to estimate how many calories you need to maintain your current weight. Now, if you want to lose a pound a week, you’ll want to cut that total by 500 calories per day to hit that goal (3,500 calories equals a pound of fat)

This discussion is related to Losing weight to fight diabetes.
Hi there!

If you are aiming at losing weight, it is important to calculate your current BMI and the target BMI. The target BMI should be in a healthy range. Aside indulging in moderate amounts of physical exercise it is also essential to maintain a healthy diet plan. A healthy diet should consist of adequate amounts of calories with carbohydrates, proteins, fat and plenty of fruits and vegetables to supply vitamins and minerals. Cutting down on calories to less than adequate is not considered healthy. Also when aiming at losing weight the protein intake may be slightly increased and the carbohydrate intake slightly lowered. The calorie requirement should also be adjusted for ones physical activities as well. Lower than adequate calorie intake can also cause weight gain, due to the stress hormones kicking in also causing erratic sugar levels in diabetics. Start with a healthy breakfast, moderate lunch and light dinner. Also keep a track of calorie intake and your work out. With gradual consistent efforts, you should be able to lose weight as desired in a healthy way.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
At what level is too few calories that can cause your body to gain weight?  I lost about 50lbs already and kept doing what I was doing before.  I added more protein and kept reducing carbs (I now eat 90-100g per day).  I found that my BG levels were creeping up so I started reducing protein and my BG levels are coming down.  I'm also watching calories and typically eat between 1500-2000 per day