Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Simptoms yet not diabeitic

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

Simptoms yet not diabeitic

I am 53 and my blood sugar reads 108 at my last testing. I have been tested many times by different Drs. They always say the test was negative. Yet they say I have all the typical symptoms. They just say they don't know why I have the symptoms yet not the disease. Do you know why? Is it possible to have diabetes yet not show up in my blood? Or do you have an idea what it could be? Thank you, bunnye13
I am curious as to what your symtoms (symptoms) are that you say are "all the typical symptoms".
Swelling, heart problems, dizzy spells, high blood pressure (when I always had low blood pressure), sores that won't heal, eye site changes (blur not blur), among others.
Dr's. tell me that I have typical symptoms for diabetes, I didn't. All I know is what the Dr's tell me and they tell me they don't know because the tests keep coming out ok. Any ideas?
Some of those symptoms by themselves can be symptoms of diabetes but taken as a whole I would say they are not symptoms of diabetes.  My guess is that if the tests keep coming back negative these symptoms are not from diabetes.  But I am not a Dr. so perhaps they are correct.  Dizzy can be from diabetes but sounds to me like it is related to your heart problems and high blood pressure.  Sores not healing and changing eye sight can be related to diabetes but many other things as well.  I can not speculate a diagnosis but I can say does not seem like it is diabetes or if it is from diabetes you have other problems going on as well.  Go back to Dr. for more tests and see if they can find the real problem.
Your blur vision can be high blood pressure, and so can your dizzyness, and if u are on med's for high blood pressure u can have both symptoms from the side effects from the medicine.You say u have heart problems, diabetes after many yrs can cause heart disease. What are the heart problems you speak of. And to just take a one time glucose is not a good idea, U should have a glucose tolerence test and a A1c done. It tells a much bigger story. Your wound healing can also be related to your currculation problems from the heart issues. Do u smoke? Or are u over weight? You can go to the top of this page to the left and ask a DR this question also. best of wishes for a diagnoses to help your get rid of these nagging symptoms.
KevinHamey and straberri
I want to thank you both for responding to my question.
The Drs. have been looking for the cause of my symptoms sense 1989. They send me from Dr. to Dr. and do test after test but they aren't coming up with any conclusions. They do all kinds of blood tests every four months. I don't smoke but I am about 50 pounds overweight even though I am very active. About 6 months ago I became a vegetarian thinking there could be something in my diet that is causing some of the symptoms. I grow 80% of the food that I eat. I grow totally organic. My Drs. say I am doing all the right things to be healthy except for the extra weight. Anyway, I want to thank you both for your advice. You have both been very kind. My search will continue.
While you are searching, start doing these exercises and monitor your weight.You will start to feel better within weeks. Your body needs just a little help to get better.Come back to report your progress.
Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 20 to 30 minutes twice a day.(Max 60 min/day) Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Anulom Vilom - Deep Breath-in through left nostril keeping right nostril closed
then - Breath-out through right nostril keeping left nostril closed
then -Deep Breath-in through right nostril keeping left nostril closed
then - Breath-out through left nostril keeping right nostril closed
and repeat this cycle for upto 30  minutes twice a day(maximum 60 min/day).

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 15 times
Thank you for your advice. At this point I am willing to try anything. I will go through each one and read it well then figure out what I think would be the best for me. Thank you for the breathing exercises. I am sure they will help as well. I will start today. Something positive to do while I am still searching. Thank you.