Diabetes - Type 2 Community
converting mmol/L to mg/dL

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

converting mmol/L to mg/dL

First, lemme say hi.  I just found this forum.  It looks like it can help me a lot!

Second:  I'm an American type 2 on insulin.  I use the OneTouch Ultra.  It displays results in mg/dL.  While on vacation last summer in Canada, I took advantage of an offer for a free OneTouch Ultra Mini.  It displays results in mmol/L.  The Canadian pharmacist assured me I could change the meter to display in mg/dL.  But in fact I cannot.  The manual clearly says so.  

I'd like to keep using it. I'd like to keep the Mini in my master bathroom for convenience when (not if; but that's a different thread) I wake up at night and feel like I'm going hypo (my phrase for sensing the onset of hypoglycemia, which happens to me a lot; but I digress).

Can someone tell me the conversion factor to change the readings in mmol/L to the more familiar mg/dL I'm used to?

Thx.
Sorry I'm not good at converting over...

I was reading your bio... how is the apidra and lantus working for you... I just got off the shots, and now on insulin pump were i still use my apidra, and completely off the lantus.

So just wondering how the 2 are working for you, since you said it seems more of a curse than a blessing... i was taking 8-10 shots per day, so I know about the curse of it all.

Will try to ask my dad about the conversion he's type 1 diabetic on a pump as well.

talk to you soon,
Vessel
Complete conversion chart for chemistry lab tests - US to SI units.   http://www.vin.com/scripts/labquest/converthtml.pl
Do you still have the booklet that came with the tester?  See if there is a phone number to call and ask them for the info.  I will see if I can find that for you can get back toyou asap.
Madge
http://www.lifescan.com/products/booklets/

Here is everythiing you need. They have pdf of all booklets etc there.
Also here is number 1-800-227-8862 One Touch
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
melimeli commented on veronica0808's status
melimeli commented on Belle313's status
May 27
Nighthawk61 commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
May 26