Diabetes Prevention & Pre-Diabetes Community
diabetes prevention for autistic child

A group of people with Pre-Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share your experiences.

diabetes prevention for autistic child

Hi, I have a strong family history of diabetes.  My 10 y/o son's doctor called and reported that his A1C is 5.3 and fasting gluose is 101.  I know that ideally, I should limit his sugar intake.  But being autistic makes him very resistant to any fruits and veggies.  Thus, I wonder whether there is any supplement that may help him flush out the glucose from his body?  

there is no supplement, unfortunately and limiting carbs (particularly sweets) is really the way to go.  

Exercise can also be beneficial to helping to control sugars.

Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet