Diabetes Expert Forum
Could my child be hypoglycemic?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Could my child be hypoglycemic?

Frequently during activity, my son complains about being dizzy and his head hurting and sometimes his stomach hurting his as well. This has been going on for some time, but seemingly becoming more frequent. He loves to play sports, but this is slowing him down quite a bit. I would greatly appreciate any leads!! Thanks!!
796253_tn?1344994932
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

There are many possible causes for these symptoms your son has.  Is it possible that he is not drinking enough fluids?  Dehydration can present itself this way, especially during physical activity.  Make sure that he is drinking plenty of fluids.  Also, he could try eating a healthy snack before playing sports- this may help keep him from getting hungry and tired.  You could also mention this to his pediatrician since his doctor knows him much better than I do.  Good luck.

Bridget
2 Comments
Blank
4451049_tn?1387157037
Perhaps it could be! Thanks for your reply!!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank