Diabetes Expert Forum
Statins and higher blood sugar

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Statins and higher blood sugar

I recently was prescripbed pravastatin and I notice a higher number when I test after a night of fasting in my Blood Glucose. Is there a posibility that could cause the rise.
Pravastatin is not known overall to cause a rise in glucose levels, but people are individual sso it is possible this may be an effect unique to you. Kee a close eye on it and speak to your doctor if it continues or worsens.
take care.
What are the known blood abnormalities in Type 2 diabetis.
Glucose level is increase above 6 and what is HB1a Recent test shows the level is 6.7. How does it affect the body
A related discussion, Statins was started.