Diabetes Expert Forum
blood sugar issue

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

blood sugar issue

I have been on a restricted diet and exercise  for 2 weeks and my evening sugar levels have drop from 364 to average of 122 evenings and mornings are 160 should i continue with diet and exercise it has been exactly 13 days
I forgot to add my doctor wanted me on injections I just could not see it Ive read so many posts where people are on meds or injections and are right back to where i am that is if I can change my life style and get it normal that way I know its alot of work but foir me worth it
How has your blood sugar been since your last post?  I hope you have been able to it is down even further.
I dont know what "restricted diet" your on but for diabetics it is carbohydrates that raise BG. not the fat that most Md's want to put us on.

ALL carbs raise BG  whole wheat will raise BG so will rice ,pasts, potato and most fruit.  
In fact fruit has a double whammy as fructose does the same damage as glucose BUT our meters dont read fructose.   So if you eat an orange and your BGmeter says your BG rose only by 20 PTs (US)  you have to factor in that fructose is also up in your Blood doing damage.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Congratulations it sounds like all your hard work is moving your blood sugar in the right direction. While you have shown improvement, your blood sugar is still elevated. Diabetes can often be managed with lifestyle changes, but you want to continue to track your blood sugar to make sure it continues to improve.  It is important to remember that elevated blood sugar can cause damage to your kidneys and other organ systems. That is why it is so important to get your levels down.
Discuss your success with your doctor, and hopefuly the two of you can come up with a plan of care that will work for you.

Good luck
Cathy

If you want to have a complex control on your blood and sugar results visit limiko.pl. It both websitean application that enables you to provie an online diary and share your results with your dotors and dieticians!

Project co-financed from the European Regional Development Fund in frames of the operational programme Innovative Economy.
Subsides to innovations. We invest in your future.