Diabetes Expert Forum
correct range

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

correct range
Months ago my gp  said I was pre diabetic and put me on metformin. She said my number shouldn't be more than 180 after meals. Now I'm 4 weeks pregnant and my Obgyn says it should be under 120 which I now find out is correct. My question is, have I hurt my baby with the 180 number? Now that I know I'm working on lowering it but is it too late?
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

It is definitely not too late.  Maintaining your blood sugar less than 180 was OK, but less than 120 is a much better goal.  Continue to monitor your blood sugars as directed by your doctor.  You want to keep your sugars as close to normal as possible.  Keep up the good work and congratulations on your pregnancy!

Bridget
Thank you so much!