Divorce & Breakups Community
Update from Elvy66

This patient support community is for discussions relating to divorce, breakups, anger, child custody, child support, conflict resolution, co-parenting, dating, depression, friends and family, legal, pets, property issues, remarriage, spousal support, and visitation.

Update from Elvy66

Well it has been over a year since my husband of 30 years gave me the I love you but not in love with you talk, he left his family and marriage for a 22year old friend of our daughter and I must say it ripped our family apart. My son was doing his year 12 finals, but he didn't care he left....I had to move my family away from our town.  Now a year on, my daughter is still in counseling and she is expecting my first grandchild with her partner.  So I am very happy about that, and my son has had the worse year and refused counseling, but through lots of love he has come out the other end and he is now talking about his future. Well then there is me, it has been the worse year of my life and I have had some bad ones, but I went to counseling and still am which has done a lot for me.  I have tried dating, but still not ready yet, but I have saved up every penny I had and I have bought us a little tiny home, but it is ours and the kids and I are very proud of us....I have become very strong and I must say I am starting to make a lot of plans for the future, and I am looking forward to being alone for a while....never thought I would say that.....I am studying Law now and love it, who knows what the future holds, but all I know it is my future with my wonderful and beautiful children, who have stuck by me the whole time.  Oh, yes and him, well the girl left when she realized I made the money not him, now he is alone and living in a run down farm house, and the only friends he has is 2, 65 year old people, so much for having fun and enjoying life...grass wasn't greener on the other side (surprise) well now he wants us to date and see if he can fall in love with me again....and he is starting to build a relationship with the kids, this makes my son happy but my daughter is less forgiving, it will take time....and me well there is no future for us, the more I see him, the stronger I become and the weaker he looks.  I words I said to myself were, believe, hope and strength and I repeated them anytime I was down. They got me through the year, I covered my tattoo with his name and now it is time for a divorce, and my future can begin....thank you to everyone who gave me strength in my time of need....Love Elvy (Linda)
You are such an inspiration to have battled through all this and come out the other side stronger, and to have still be there for your kids and keeping your head above water financially.
You should be so proud.
Linda, How Wonderful to hear You've come through this HeartBreaking Ordeal feeling so Strong and Confident for Your Future!!  I'm Happy, Proud, and Excited for You.  Thanx for the update!!
Regards,
Tink
You should be so proud.
My dear.  I love your story.  Not for the pain you've gone through but for the way you've come out on the other side.  Yes, inspirational indeed.  You have embraced YOU and all life has to offer you and you are going to be JUST FINE.  I love it.  I'm so very happy for you and wish you much much joy as you take steps in this new direction. Peace and blessings to you!
Good for you! Congrats
To everyone, thank you for your lovely words, I am proud of where I am but I would not be here without talking to myself regularly, Believe you have the strength to hope for a better future....everyone on here have been through hell and through friendship, love and strength that this site gave me I would not be here today....one year ago I tried to take my life, the lord had other plans. It was the most selfish thing I have ever done, and I will live with that regret.....but this journey that we are all taking is our journey and we have to determine the future.  Don't wait for someone who doesn't love you go out and learn to love yourself and you will find that your journey will take you on the best experience you will have.....shore I got sad sometimes but those moment are rare now...So to everyone going through very hard time....remember you are free now to chose the your journey so get up and get on with it....do not let your ex chose your journey....you are stronger than you think....I love you guys...
Hey Linda......long time we haven't heard from you.  

You have come a LONG way.  

Kudos to you dear.  
Glad to hear your kind and inspiring words.I am goibg to make positive affirmations daily.take care