Blood clot in the brain
My dog was beaten by teenagers and is now home from the vet.  The vet says my dog has blod clot in the brain and it will be weeks before other effects of the blod clot become apparent.  He also has blood clot in one eye and the vet cannot guarantee that my dog will regain his eyesight after the clot is gone.  He had one minimal epileptic seizure while at the vet, twitching and shaking for 15 secs.  His legs are a bit wobly so I rang the vet today and he said it could be the pills for the epileptic seizures.  Apparently, the pills have sedative effect making the dog lethargic and unresponsive so he advised to stop the medication for 3 days. Would the extent of damage in the brain be apparent at this point?  It's been five days since the injuries were inflicted and except for being blind in one eye and losing the ability to bark,  my dog seems to be doing okay.  Please  help!  I just need to know.
Take your dog to see a neurologist - and give me the address of the loser kids that beat up you dog  - If it is true that "what goes around, comes around" - - those kids are in for it .  I hope only the best for your dog  :)
wow , how can anyone hurt a dog/animal, they are sick and need help. i hope your baby gets better .
The specialist (neurologist) recommendation is right on.

I really hope that these kids are at least in juvenile detention or jail - or at least charges pending.  Here in Utah we finally got an animal torture bill passed and it's now a felony to intentionally harm an animal.  If humans can injure an animal that seriously, what will they do to another human?  I really hope that charges have been pressed.

Okay - rant over.  I'm going to go hug my dogs.  Please give your guy a hug from us too.
I cannot believe that someone would do that to your baby.  I know it happens , but each time I hear about something like this,  I get furious.  Animals are so helpless in their innocent ways.  Please let us know if you did press charges and how  they plan to punish these kids.  I agree with utahmomma,   what will they do next, beat a child or an elderly person.  Kill someone!!!   O.K.  let me settle down . . .

If you take your baby to a specialist, they are far more equipped to run the proper test to determinie more about his condition.  I wish you luck, and please keep us posted.  Aggieone

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, nobody saw what really happened.  A boy found my  Sullivan and recognised him.  His injuries are not consistent with being hit by a car or a bike.  It was more like bashing on the head, a kick on the side and a whack on each side of the snout.  My next door neighbour heard a dog yelping in the direction where my baby was found but didn't bother to investigate.  The incident was reported to the police and the RSPCA but we were told that they cannot take action when they don't knoe who did it.
Sullivan is much happier after I took him off the medication.  I heard him bark for the first time this morning and there were tears in my eyes. - Ilectra
Thanks for your reply.  We are doing our own investigation since authorities do not have the resources to do it.  Justice must be served.  How do you justify harming a defenceless 6.8kg miniature poodle?

Sullivan is much better today.  He is friskier after he is taken off the epileptic pills.  He was excited to see his friends behind the fence.  He seemed to have recognised all of them so I was ecstatic.  He will see the vet on Tuesday to discuss further what we do about the blind eye. - Ilecra
Thank for your reply.  I live in Australia and the matter was reported to the police and the RSPCA immediately.  No witnesses have come forward so we are doing our own investigation.  I want justice for my Sullivan and I will not rest until it is served.  Yes, I love him even more and I tell him every opportunity how much mommy loves him.  He started  shadowing me again like he used to do before he was injured.  He is still ignoring Mosby, my Persian son and I hope their playful times will come back to him eventually.  He has improved markedly after he was taken off the epileptic medication and no seizures so far. - Ilecra
Thank you for your reply.  I was enrged!  I still am and will be until the culprit is put in jail.  I wept when I went to pick up my Sullivan and I was hoping to see his excited response but I saw no recognition in those eyes.  I cried "My boy does not recognise me!"
I panicked after four days of medication and there was no improvement.  He got woblier and more disoriented and unresponsive.  After I took him off the medication,  he was more alert and attentive.  The simple command "sit" was totally lost.  This morning I said "sit" and he looked at me and slowly obeyed.  He is once again my eternal shadow.  We are going back to vet on Tuesday to discuss about the blind eye and the blood clot in the brain.  I will love him as much even if he is blind in one eye. - Ilecra
I can't imagine what your poor dog went through, but it sounds like he's going to come back.  He may never be quite the same again, but to see this kind of improvement this quickly is a very good sign.  :-)
How evil! You are in my thoughts and prayers. Be strong for your little baby! He recognizes you more than you think!!! Much Love!
hi sorry those people who hurt your dog well somethings going to happen to them its called carma
I am so sorry about what happened.  it makes no sense to me how people can be so evil...And that is what they are....evil...God will get them....I know HE will.
i'm so sorry about your poor puppy...there are no words. {{hugs}} to you and your pup..i hope he makes a full recovery...and bites the @#$%^ out of those who tortured him!
lets hope you start keeping your dog inside.