Lump found in dogs nipple
I have an 8yr old English Bulldog. She's been in good health all her life. Yesterday, I found a small lump in her nipple and I'm having it checked out but I wanted to know if anyone knows what cancerous lumps feel like. Her lump is on the harder side and bumpy. She was spayed years ago when she went under an emergency abortion. Does the lump I described sound cancerous? She doesn't seem in pain when I touch it...
Well, I've known a few lumps and bumps, and I think you are doing the right thing, to take her to have this checked out. If by any chance it is cancerous, if you catch a thing like that really early, while it is still small, it can be taken off, and may never recur. I'm not certain what this lump is, but I am sure the vet will be able to diagnose it ok. They may suggest having it taken off, in which case I would go for that.

The info. my vet gave me is that (while cancerous lumps can occur in any dog) the best protection against breast cancer is to have the female spayed before her first season, and anything later than that does not necessarily protect against the possibility of breast cancer.