Shih-Tzu Pup Has Pneumonia
Hi everyone

So I brought my new pup to the vet yesterday, cause she's very snorty, even for a shih-tzu.
Turns out she had an eye infection, and pneumonia.
Now she is on antibiotics, and i have cream to put in her eyes 3 times daily.
I was really surprised that they didn't give her antibiotics via IV because of her size and age (she's a little under 3 months) but anyway.
I want to know if there is anything else i can do to make her a little more comfortable. She seems to be hacking more now, since starting her the antibiotics then she was before.
Poor pup, she's all goobery, but other then that very active and her normal happy go lucky, bratty self.
Any suggestions?
I have to stop posting late at night.  It never fails, I take 15 minutes to write out my post and then when I hit "post comment" I get a message that the boards are down for maintenance and will be back by such and such a time and the post goes off into nowhere land somewhere and all is lost.  Grrrrrrrr.

Anyway, what I wrote to you last night that never made it here was that I would set up a vaporizer in the room where the puppy is.  Try to confine her to one area while she has the pneumonia so that you can run the vaporizer and keep the air moister in that room.  It will make it easier for her to breathe.

You said that she is acting like her usual self, so make sure she doesn't run and play to the point where she can't catch her breath.  Try to keep her play under close supervision until the pneumonia clears up because she could get into some trouble if she gets herself overexerted and out of breath.

Keep her warm and dry.  If it's raining out and she has to go outside to take care of business, either get her to use a puppy pad in the house or, if you absolutely have to take her out in the rain, dry her carefully when you get back inside and don't let her get the shivers.  

Poor little thing!  I feel so bad for her!   How did she end up with pneumonia?  

Ghilly