cloudy urine
I have a dachschund, 11 year old male, not neutered. When I take him out for a walk, initially his urine looks normal, yellowish. After a second or third batch, it gets cloudy, milky with yellow tint. Does this mean he has kidney stones? Thank you.
Cloudy urine could mean lots of things, but more frequently it means there is an infection of one kind or another. Now this may be tricky ... particularly with a dach ... if you can, try to catch some urine in a clean jar and when you take your dog to the vet, take the sample with you for testing. I would strongly suggest you take your dog to the vet sooner rather than later, so a propper diagnosis can be made and the appropriate treatment started. Tony
Thank you. His first urine looks normal. Should I try to collect samples from later ones that looks cloudy?