Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Pain in bone on left and right side of top of mouth

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I hope someone can help me. I have a pain on the bone on the left side of my upper mouth. My Dr says its in the hard pallet but it actually goes around the outer edge of that area and from what I read thats what seperates the hard and soft pallet. The pain has been going on for over 6 months and yesterday it actually was on the right side but on the inner part near my cheek, but still on that bone. I had a ct scan and nonthing unsuall showed up and my dr pretty much said he doesent know what to tell me. My job consists on talking on the phone and I can no longer do that for more than 3 hours at a time because of the pain that talking causes. There is no redness and only slight swelling (not enought to see I can only tell by running my tongue over both sides to compair). If anyone can give me any suggestions to pass on to my Dr I would appricate it. Its really strating to interfear with my normal life. Thanks
I have the same exact pain on the right side of my mouth for a month now and I've been to the throat doctor twice and the dentist twice all of which tell me they do not see anything and just to take advil...have you gotten anywhere with your doctors? Thanks
Maggie - it's very reassuring that your CT was normal.  In my experience, I am most suspicious of bite misalignment and/or TMJ problems in this case.