Eating Disorders Expert Forum
Bulimia Eating Disorder

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Bulimia Eating Disorder

I have been having bulimia for quiet 3 years now. I will throw up more than once a day. My body weight is great and body shape. I have been trying to change myself, I have not been throwing up for one week now. I want to know if I stop having bulimia do my periods start coming backing regularly because they come irregularly. Please help
eva1993, Hi!  Thanks for reaching out!  Good for you that you are working on letting go of your bulimic behaviors and hopefully the psychological issues that accompany it.  Ceasing vomiting can help your body return to a normal, healthy state.  What is hard to know is if there are any permanent health issues due to purging.  So it would be wise to get a medical workup preferably by a physician that understands bulimia.  It would be important to understand what damage, if any, is current; what can be reversed; and what, if any, is not reversible.  To learn more about eating disorders and treatment options, visit The Bella Vita website.  Wishing you the best, Dr Patricia Pitts, PhD The Bella Vita Los Angeles, CA