Eating Disorders Expert Forum
How do i stop Emotional Eating

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

How do i stop Emotional Eating

I deal with a great amount of anxiety and stress with my work and everyday life. Emotional eating is one of the ways i medicate. I'm a recovering alcoholic of 8 years. Quite chain smoking 3 1/2 years ago. But now how to i get in control with my Emotional eating. When i try to eat good i get upset or stressed then a craving as once for booze comes along although its for food, and 90% of the time i cant control the urge. 75 Pounds to 85 pounds over weight. What would some advice be. I tried Weight Watchers doing it myself but Emotional Eating aways takes me out. How do I change ?
Congratulations on your success over the other two addictions, smoking and drinking. This is a good time for you to complete your personal development work by learning what emotional eating is in your life...you already have the first isight, its medication...but medication for what.....not just ordinary stress, but stress that somehow or other you misinterpret as stress that makes you feel powerless...that is the core of emotional eating.   I suggest you try my 12 week program that is designed to help you reinterpret what is going on so you do not experience the phantom hunger assosicated with the powerless misinterpretation.  it will take you through a learning process, step by step.. go to shrinkyourself.com