Eating Disorders Expert Forum
SMC syndrome
About This Forum:

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

SMC syndrome

On December 15th 2012 my husband and I were T-boned on our motorcycle and now because of this accident I have a syndrome that my doctor told me that it is a form of  anorexia  due to the tramma. My doctor told me to main my weight and if I lose a lot of weight my stomach will shut down. I just want to know what causes this and what would be the best way to treat this.
514715_tn?1338269858
I appreciate your willingness to share.  Sorry to hear about your accident. It is not unusual for “anorexia” to arise as a way to cope with a traumatic event.  Restrictive eating calms high anxiety and shuts feelings down.  Emotions and the body holds on to trauma.  A therapist that specializes in eating disorder and trauma could best guide you. To learn more about eating disorders and treatment options, visit the bella vita website.  Best, Dr Patricia Pitts, PhD  The Bella Vita  Los Angeles, CA  
Blank
This Forum's Experts
514715_tn?1338269858
Patricia Pitts, PhDBlank
The Bella Vita - Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity