SMC syndrome
On December 15th 2012 my husband and I were T-boned on our motorcycle and now because of this accident I have a syndrome that my doctor told me that it is a form of  anorexia  due to the tramma. My doctor told me to main my weight and if I lose a lot of weight my stomach will shut down. I just want to know what causes this and what would be the best way to treat this.
I appreciate your willingness to share.  Sorry to hear about your accident. It is not unusual for “anorexia” to arise as a way to cope with a traumatic event.  Restrictive eating calms high anxiety and shuts feelings down.  Emotions and the body holds on to trauma.  A therapist that specializes in eating disorder and trauma could best guide you. To learn more about eating disorders and treatment options, visit the bella vita website.  Best, Dr Patricia Pitts, PhD  The Bella Vita  Los Angeles, CA