Eating Disorders Expert Forum
controling emotional eating of sweets
About This Forum:

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

controling emotional eating of sweets

I have had an emotional eating problem for a year or so.  It gets increasingly worse with time.  Last month my boyfriend broke up with me, and I ate ice cream everyday for three weeks straight.  I know it was terrible, and I always feel guilty afterwords.  When I was weighed at the doctor today, I have gained six pounds.  Normally my weight ranges between 128-132.  This is the most significant weight gain I've had all year. It probably doesn't seem like a lot, but I am starting to notice it on my body as well.

I really want to overcome my emotional eating because it is tearring me apart.  I try to exercise but I have trouble staying motivated and dedicated.  I don't have very good endurance, so running is tough for me.  Besides my lack of dedication, when I actually do feel like exercising, I walk away feeling worse.  I have transform migraines that occur everyday and the pain prevents me from doing a lot of physical activities.  After working out my head feels like it's going to explode.

I am headed off to college this fall and would really like some advice on how to stop my emotional eating and lose weight while busy in college.  thanks!