Eating Disorders Expert Forum
having a hard time keeping my food down

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

having a hard time keeping my food down

For about 2 months now every time I eat I get full fast and as soon as I get done eating I fill like my food is going to come up and it does. I have lost 20 lbs and don't know the reason for this. Please help.
The reflexive vomiting that you are describing is not your norm.  Nor is it healthy for your body.  It could be due to medical and/or psychological reasons.  You need to good to a medical doctor to find out what the medical issues could be.  Excessive vomiting can cause dehydration and even life threatening results.  Also, rapid weight loss is extremely difficult on the body.  Your medical doctor can help assess the current condition of your body.  If emotional issues are causing the excessive vomiting, it would be helpful to consult a talk therapist.  Best wishes, Patricia Pitts, PhD  The Bella Vita  Los Angeles, CA