Eating Disorders Expert Forum
weight loss

Questions in the Emotional Eating forum are answered by medical experts. Topics covered include eating disorders, anger and eating, anxiety and eating, binge eating, depression and eating, eating to "fit in", emotional eating, fill the void eating, guilt and eating, loneliness and eating, social eating, and stress and eating.

weight loss

I am 24 after the birth of my son 4 years ago i lost weight.I managed to gain abit again through alot of eating.My son was diagnosed with focal femal procimal defficency,has one leg shorter than other.he has under gone surgery 4 times.i left my job to take care of him and be there.I have yet again lost alot of weight.It upsets me when people notice.I really want to gain weight and do eat what i feel able to.I feel very low and everytime i smell or try to eat food i feel natios and sick.I know i do not have an eating disorder as i do not think im fat.I think im way to thin and really want to gain weight.pleae help.
This does not sound like an eating disorder to me.  It just sounds like your natural response to stress.  Nothing much you can do about what other people think or say about your weight.  Just try to eat as much as you can if you are too thin to get yourself to a healthy weight.  What you are going through is very stressful and difficult but if you can figure out a way to diminish the stress upon yourself then your natural appetite will come back.  You might ask your doctor for some medication to ease the stress.