Epilepsy Community
Epilepsy, Tegratol, Marijuana.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to epilepsy, safety, school issues, and transportation issues.

Epilepsy, Tegratol, Marijuana.

Hello Doctor,
I'm 19 years old and have been an Epileptic, because of sleep deprivation, since I was 15 years old. I have been smoking marijuana since I was 14 years old and up until recently, as in the past month or so, I have been smoking a large amount of it. One thing to occur when I smoke is that I get an odd instance of losing control in a quick spurt almost like a glitch. Also I take Novo-Carbamaz (1.5 pills twice daily) to take into consideration. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Regards.    
Avatar dr f tn
Hello there,
Hope you are doing well. Every drug can work differently in women and men, or on people of different ages. Marijuana may increase the adverse side effects of tegretol. It is suggested to consult a neurologist and discuss your concerns. He may give you an advice based on your present medical condition. Do keep me posted on how you are doing. I hope you find this information useful.
Best luck and take care!
Thanks for your response. My epilepsy is said to have started due to sleep deprivation. Which is why I take the tegratol. My sleep is on track these days and I get a minimum of 8 hours per night. What would happen if I stopped the medication? Also what affect would the Marijuana have on me? Would I still have the same flickering/glitches?
flipper336 "I always think that the be... Comment
Jun 24
embee24 commented on Headache Note
May 24
caregiver222 uploaded new photos
May 20