Leg Pain
Why do I have such extreme my pain in my legs every evening. It feels as if my vein in my legs are going to explode? On 3/11/2008 I was taken to the emergency for a really bad seizure that lasted about 10 min. They also found through an EKG that I had a heart murmur. They had an IV in my right arm and ever since I have had the same extreme pain in my right arm. I scream and cry every evening, please help me.
Hello.

I do not know which investigations were done when you first had the pain in the legs, but I suspect a blood circulation problem. Heart murmurs can be due to many heart conditions. Some heart conditions which produce murmur can lead to a reduced or stagnated blood supply to the lower limbs. They can also predispose to stroke and seizures.

Was an EEG done? Do you have the report?

Do your legs change color when you have the pain? Are there any relieving factors which can reduce the pain temporarily?

Regards
I have been suffering with this pain in my legs for about 8 months now. I believe it started when I had a mild stroke. An MRI was taken about 6 months ago that did show a mild stroke on right side and shrinkage on left side. The EEG was done on the 13th of March and I will not get the results until March the 28th, the seizure that lasted 10 minutes when I was taken to the hospital by ambulance was on march 11th. This day will be the first time I've talked to a neurologist. I have not noticed a change in color of my legs but then again it happens only in the evening when I am in bed, it does not hurt until I am in the bed for about an hour or so, that is when it starts and it is beginning to get to me mentally, physically, and emotionally. I take several medications. Alproic acid 1000 mg. 2 a day and 2 in the evening, Lorazapam 1 mg. 3 times in the evening and hydroxazine 25 mg, 2 every evening. During the day I take alprazalam 25 mg twcie daily and Phenergan 25 mg. 1 time every evening. I have noticed recently that I have been having a lot of indegestion, almost all day and especially laying down. Can you help me? I have been rubbing green alcohol and I take two advils for pain but it does not always work. loosing a lot of sleep. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not have insurance so I have to through the government funded hospitals at least until my disability claim comes in, what can I do until then?
Thank you,
Maria
Hello.

When you lie down, the blood return from the legs to the heart becomes easy. And the heart needs more power to push blood to the lower limbs. The kind of pain you have could mean ischemic cause. Ischemia is a reduction of blood supply.

I guess if you lower you legs from the bed for some time, the pain will reduce a bit, or may even vanish. You will need to check the blood circulation in the lower limbs. The best method is the DSA (digital subtraction angiography), but I am not sure if it is possible especially when you don't have the insurance.

Regards
I have a problem when I lie down at night time.  I have a loss of circulation on the side that I am lying on (lower arms) and if I switch sides the circulation problems start on that side the side as well.  Consequently I am awakening and switching sides all night therefore having insomnia.  The muscles on the backs of my calfs and back thigh muscles hurt when I lie down as well.  There is some pain in the ankles with a tingling sensation.  My lower arms and upper arms ache pretty bad as well while lying down.  The pain is almost negligible when I am up sitting or walking. I do have health insurance but my family doctor was of no help to me.  I am a 67 year old male and I am dreading going to sleep at night and need to find some answers.
have you been checked for neuropathy it can pain like you know what then go to burning pins and needles you want to cut your legs off.  try asking your neuro to give you the test also if they happened to hit a nerve it can cause constant pain and pain can actually bring on seizures just like it can a heart attack.  
When i as 10 years old, i fall down and then at that time i go to coma for 8 hours. Some little inury happend at forehead and may be back of face. after that i got Epilipsy attack continus for 3 yeas. I than suggested Epilan for this.

I am taking epilian since 20 years. My attacks are undercontrol. But its mild continuous. my left leg paid too much since few time. even some pain near heart. advise ple