Partial Seizures and Keppra
I've recently been diagnosed with Epilepsy. My neurologist said I have "partial seizures," which occur in my temporal lobe in my brain (I believe that is the part of your brain near your eyes). When I have a seizure, I get a strange feeling, and nothing else. No twitching or grand mal seizures. When my seizures are strong, I have a feeling that everything is fake, almost as if someone told you that you are in the Matrix.

My doctor started me on 250mg of Keppra once a day, 90 minutes before laying down to go to sleep. After a week, it had reduced the amount of seizures I had (I have them everyday, probably about 50 a day), but had not stopped the seizures (probably reducing the amount I had by one-third). I called the doctor and was put on 500mg of Keppra once a day, 90 minutes before laying down to go to bed. I have been on this new dose of 500mg for 2 days now, and my seizures have become a little bit better (probably about 10 percent better than what they were on 250mg) so far.

Here is my question for all you Keppra takers with partial seizures: How much Keppra do you take, and how long did it take before you seizures completely stopped?

Thank you for reading!
I forgot to mention in my first post:
-I am a 17 year old boy
-I have never drank or done drugs
-I suspect I inherited epilepsy from my dad
My daughter has gran mal seizures, and takes 750 mg twice a day (1500 mg daily) and has been seizure free for 18 months.  Keppra has worked well for her..key to her success is consistent timing of medication in morning and evening.
If you are concerned about the dosage of Keppra, your Neuro could request bloodwork for liver/kidney function tests.  My DD processes her dosage quickly, and still has normal liver/kidney function.