as my baby got epilepsy
my baby is 3 months old and she has started having these fits where she seems unaware of her surroundings she just stares infront of her her body goes ridgid and she has jerky movement and shakes, after it stops she crys then goes quite and subdued, is this epilepsy or something else
I think a trip to you doctor is in order.  This is something that you have to let him be aware of and explain it exactly the way you did on this forum.  He may want to do some tests, but don't worry they won't hurt your baby and at the very least, he will be able to give you a definitive answer.  If he says that your baby does have epilepsy, believe me when I say, it is not the end of the world, there are lots of medications that work absolute wonders.  My daughter was diagnosed just before her first birthday and she is now 30 and extremely happy.
Hi tawny83,

How are you? How is your baby?  Had there been any seizure this last month?
Convulsions in babies and young children are surprisingly common. Luckily, they usually don't signal anything serious. Usually, babies suddenly become unresponsive and stare vacantly, or seem to be twitching involuntarily. She may be having a mild seizure, which usually lasts from a few seconds to a few minutes.

However, if the baby becomes unconscious, falls to the floor, and twitches or flails, she may be having a more serious seizure.  It is important to turn the baby on her side to prevent her from choking on her own saliva.  Make sure she doesn’t hurt herself.   It would be important to see your doctor so he may evaluate the baby. He may order an electroencephalograph (EEG) to record your baby’s brain activity to know if what kind of seizure present and what kind of medications, if needed.  You can learn more about this through this link: http://www.babycenter.com/0_seizure_10907.bc

I hope this helps. Take care and please do update us.